Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Right Motivation

The first thing my friend, John, said after I told him about my motivation to start working out again for spring break was, "That's how eating disorders are started!" To give reason to his statement, my motivation came from the arrival of Victoria Secret's 2010 Swimsuit Catalog.
Though this might drive the slightly insane person to stop eating completely, or start purposely losing what they decided to put in their mouth, you can ask anyone who knows me, that will definitely not be the case. I love food WAY to much. What it did encourage me to do is start a workout routine again. So, my roommate and I are hitting up the rec center every day during the week, excluding this past Monday since we started with the first day of class on Tuesday. We'll see what I say at the end of the week, but as of now I feel better than I have in months.

We both have very attainable short term goals for spring break and I'm really excited about continuing our routine after that as well. In addition to working out with Katie each day, my friend, Dustin aka Sunshine, is going to act as sort of a personal trainer, I guess you could say. It always helps to have motivation and working out with Katie has been a life saver. It really keeps me going when I would normally just stop. I'm really excited to work with Sunshine as well. He's an intense runner and is going to help me out in that area.

Should turn out to be a transforming semester!!

And, in case you were wondering, I don't plan on looking like the pictured model...though I'm sure Kevin wouldn't mind... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment