Monday, January 18, 2010

All Work and Maybe A Little Play


As most know, I work at American Eagle Outfitters. It is the typical crappy college retail job paying minimum wage with meager hours, the only benefit being the convenient discount given on the clothing and accessories.

I was planning on quitting upon my return from Christmas because of the tension between the manager and the rest of the employees, including the assistant managers. Luckily, when I arrived back in town I came back to a new manager...well, not quite yet, but his first day is Tuesday.

The change in atmosphere just over the last week has been unreal. It's amazing how employees that enjoy their management staff will work to please them rather then working because they have to. Tasks get done more efficiently and attitudes stay as positive as they can be given the certain situations.

I just got done with my most hated part of the job, floorsets. What was supposed to be three back-to-back days of all-night floorsets turned into just two for me, after being cut from Fridays schedule. The work is not what gets to me during floorsets. What sends me into a whole new dimension of pissed off is the uncertainty of when we will be finished. Though the schedule said 9pm-4am for Saturday and 6pm-midnight for Sunday, we actually left at 6am and 4am, respectively. And this happens every time. My saving grace this time around was finally having a MOD who is ridiculously amazing. Thank you, Jentri.

Now, after ruining my sleep schedule the day before the semester starts, I need to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment