Friday, January 15, 2010

A Little Ring Made of Gold



On September 18th I became the very proud owner of my 3rd and final piece of Gold. The Aggie Ring is one of the most recognizable piece of jewelry in the world and I am ecstatic to be able to look down and see it on my hand everyday. After being a nomad for so long it feels beyond amazing to finally be able to label myself with one incredible school.

The Ring Ceremony is a huge to-do and involves family, friends, a big presentation process and, of course, a full pitcher of beer of the ring bearers choice to chug as fast as possible...because that is a fantastic idea. This is better known as a Ring Dunk. I was blessed to have almost my entire family in town for this special occasion. Not only were they able to attend my ring dunk on Friday the 18th but I was also able to get tickets for all of them to attend the home football game on Saturday, because there is nothing like an Aggie Football game.

The emotional overload is something I can't explain, and yes, my mom got to present it to me which was very cool.
I haven't been able to look at beer the same.

My friend, Karl, dunked his ring with me because it's always better to dunk with someone and it helps that the majority of our friends are the same. Sadly, he had just eaten a $30 steak at Christopher's Steakhouse for his dad's birthday, so he didn't keep much of his beverage, or steak for that matter, down for long. Here's a video. He only finished before me because I started laughing at the very end.




And last but not least, the everyone that was able to come in from Fort Worth. I was so happy to have them all here! From left to right: Bonnie, Louis, me, mom, Elizabeth, Donnie, Joe, Nikki, Walt and Jonathan.

And, if you are wondering why I said the 3rd piece of gold, this should explain.
The ring, horse and an unforgettable dog made of Gold. I couldn't have asked for anything more.


No comments:

Post a Comment